Friday, May 14, 2010
handfasting cord draped below box lid
We made our handfasting cord last night. It was a year and a day before out wedding. We still want to each put a charm on it that signifies us as individuals, but we'll add those later. I need to find a charm that just screams "ME". I'm pretty sure it will be something with either a sun or a sun/moon/star combination. She has to find her's as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The dark part of the cord is two pieces of navy blue satin cording. The light part is a white with silver beading cord. All three were braided and then a celtic heart charm was sew into the middle to represent our love and us as a couple.
ReplyDeleteI think it's cute how close the design is on the box and the design of the charm in the middle. This was just coincidence, but they go together so well.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see your handfasting chord, I know the story behind when & why it was created on a particular date is just so romanitc.
ReplyDelete