Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Getting the house ready for the Engagement party


It's been a few months since we got engaged. Close family and friends know about it. Since none of them said anything about hosting an engagement party, we just decided to do it ourselves. We've been working for the last little while on sprucing the house up and doing some more home improvement projects. We've painted the hall. Lea put up a light above the kitchen sink. (Yes, she has a drywall saw and knows how to use it!!) We had her mom and dad helping us with the fence. Her dad came back up last Saturday and we managed to get the rest of it done. We now have an enclosed backyard complete with a small gate on one side and a large one on the other (see pic above of the side closest to the deck that has the small gate). It looks great if I do say so myself. We're planning to paint the rest of the kitchen and finish the bathroom in the next couple weeks because the engagement party invitations have already been sent out. The party is planned for May 22nd, so I am hoping we can get everything done by then. It sounds like a decent amount of time, but with me working one weekend, and the other being mother's day, I don't know if we'll succeed with everything or not. I do know that the kitchen is gonna be a monster to paint...especially the 13' wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment