
I had my appointment with Juanita at Juanita Designs to get measured and to pick out fabrics for my wedding outfit. In my initial appointment to speak with her, Lea went with me to the appointment but was never introduced. We never brought up the fact that it was for a same-sex wedding. Now maybe she just "knew" without being told. I don't know. But I was a little paranoid about bringing it up because we're down to just four months til the wedding and if she backs out then I'm up a creek without a wedding outfit.
At this 2nd appointment, my parents went with me and my mom went back with me to talk with Juanita when I went to get measured and discuss the outfit in a little more detail. Juanita was suggesting different fabrics for the overlay and train on the outfit and I don't know if having mom there gave me an extra boost of confidence or what but I brought up that I wanted it to be somehow similar in style and color to Lea's wedding gown. I'm not sure what reaction I was expecting, but the lack of a response got me more than anything. She didn't make any indication that it wasn't exactly what she was expecting. And who knows, maybe it was.
So anyway, I go to the truck and bring back Lea's wedding gown and lay it out for them to see and I was really glad I did. There were several fabrics that looked "close" to what I wanted, however, once the dress was laid out beside the fabrics, you could easily tell that the colors just wouldn't work. My outfit didn't need to match her gown exactly, but I definitely didn't want it to clash. Well we looked through a bunch of fabrics and came up with something that I think will look beautiful. I'm so excited. She also told me that my first fitting will be at the end of this month. This fitting will be without hems and zippers. She said that's always the last thing to be added.

No comments:
Post a Comment